The C2C Leader will work closely with the AmeriCorps Program Manager and assist in training and coaching C2C members to ensure that members have the requisite skills and guidance to be successful at their sites.
• Provide individual support and consultation for C2C members via regular phone, e-mail, and in-person contact to assist and guide them through their service year
• Assist in recruiting, enrolling and orienting C2C members
• Track, document, and collect timesheets, reports, and paperwork from C2C Members
• Plan and implement professional development trainings and reflection opportunities for the 2019-2020 C2C cohort
• Collaborating with C2C sites and community organizations to implement C2C cohort service projects
• Connect and refer members to people and resources for personal and professional development, self-care, and project development and implementation
• Co-plan and facilitate in-service trainings and other events as necessary with other AmeriCorps team leaders in Campus Compact office
Community Need Addressed
The Connect2Complete Leaders supports a meaningful and substantive national service experience for 17 members in the Campus Compact of Oregon Connect2Complete program as they develop programming and provide interventions to address K-12 attendance/engagement and community college access and success for low-income students and students of color .
Increase member supports and volunteer capacity for Campus Compact as well as build organizational capacity for recruitment and outreach.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Student loan forbearance, Training
$400 per month housing assistance stipend. Imperfect produce box twice per month.
Skills you will gain
project management, volunteer coordination, racial equity, facilitation
Competencies You Will Develop
Demonstrate sensitivity and empathy, Lead group discussion, Listen to and consider others' viewpoints, Speak clearly, in precise language and in a logical, organized and coherent manner
Creativity & Problem Solving
Capable of generating possible solutions
Anticipate the consequences of decisions, Involve people appropriately in decisions that may impact them
Operate tools and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures, safety standards, and ethical guidelines
Create environment of contribution, Demonstrate the effective allocation of time and resources efficiently, Drive decision making
Understand and anticipate the needs of others, Understand the importance of one's role in the functioning of the organization