The AmeriCorps Member Team Leader will lead 3 AmeriCorps Member Learning Coordinators in a year of service and assist with the implementation of STEM, Literacy and High-Yield Learning programming with the goal of increasing youth academic performance and engagement. This role includes monitoring and collecting data, researching activities to supplement programming, facilitating the planning and implementation of enrichment activities, and serving as a mentor to AmeriCorps Member Learning Coordinators. The AmeriCorps Member Team Leader will also support the vision and mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia through community outreach and volunteer engagement.
- Assisting with the planning and leading of daily lessons and activities for Club members that contribute to BGCP’s culture of learning.
- Establishing positive, trusting relationships with Club members by modeling positive adult-youth relationships and utilizing effective behavior management techniques.
- Leading the AmeriCorps site team in gathering, recording and tracking program data related to youth participation, attendance and outcomes and consistently monitoring youth progress towards goals.
- Supporting AmeriCorps Member Learning Coordinators in coordinating the Project Learn program model in the areas of STEM, Literacy Enrichment, and High-Yield Learning.
- Serving as a role model, mentor and coach to AmeriCorps Member Learning Coordinators including modeling appropriate relationships with youth and leading academically engaging activities with youth.
- Collaborating with fellow AmeriCorps Member Learning Coordinators to create an encouraging, academically enriching environment for Club members of all ages.
- Complete program-related tasks such as general upkeep of program spaces, assisting with Club transition times, and maintaining positive and professional interactions with staff, Club members and their families, and Club visitors.
- Participating in all required trainings and community service activities, including but not limited to Member Orientation, AmeriCorps citizenship training, and Boys & Girls Club content-specific and youth development trainings.
- Complying with all AmeriCorps and Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia policies regarding conduct and expectations.
- Complying with Mandated Reporting policies and reporting any suspected Child Abuse or Neglect following the procedures mandated by the State of Pennsylvania.
- Representing AmeriCorps and Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
- Respecting confidentiality of Club members, families, staff and fellow AmeriCorps Members.
- Establishing connections with individuals and volunteers in the community and at the Club to enhance Boys & Girls Club programming and Club beautification.
- Overseeing volunteer outreach and engagement under the guidance of the Site Supervisor.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Training
$20 weekly transportation stipend
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Two years of college or equivalent work experience
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work as a team player, respect and collaborate with other
Strong organizational skills, including the tracking of program data
Positive relationship-building skills and dedication to working with you
Previous experience leading, mentoring or guiding peer preferred
Ability to foster a positive, creative, and engaging learning environment for youth
Ability to meet or exceed expectation and take initiative
Professionalism and punctuality
Conflict resolution skills
Previous AmeriCorps or Boys & Girls Club experience is a plus
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check