The AmeriCorps Member Learning Coordinator will assist with the implementation of STEM, Literacy and High-Yield Learning programming with the goal of increasing youth academic performance and engagement. The AmeriCorps Member Learning Coordinator will also support the mission and vision of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia by establishing positive relationships with Club members, fostering an academically-enriching Club environment, and engaging with community members and volunteers.
- Coordinating one of three components of the Project Learn program model: STEM, Literacy Enrichment, or High-Yield Learning.
- Planning and leading daily lessons and activities for Club members that contribute to BGCP’s culture of learning.
- Establishing positive, trusting relationships with Club members by modeling positive adult-youth relationships and utilizing effective behavior management techniques.
- Collaborating with fellow AmeriCorps Members and Club staff to create an encouraging, academically- enriching environment for Club members of all ages.
- Gathering, recording and tracking relevant program data related to youth participation, attendance and outcomes and consistently monitoring youth progress towards goals.
- Complete program-related tasks such as general upkeep of program spaces, assisting with Club transition times, and maintaining positive and professional interactions with staff, Club members and their families, and Club visitors.
- Establishing connections with individuals and volunteers in the community and at the Club to enhance Boys & Girls Club programming and Club beautification.
- Participating in all required trainings and community service activities, including but not limited to Member Orientation, AmeriCorps citizenship training, and Boys & Girls Club content-specific and youth development trainings.
- Complying with all AmeriCorps and Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia policies regarding conduct and expectations.
- Complying with Mandated Reporting policies and reporting any suspected Child Abuse or Neglect following the procedures mandated by the State of Pennsylvania.
- Representing AmeriCorps and Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
- Respecting confidentiality of Club members, families, staff and fellow AmeriCorps Members.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Less than High School Completed
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
High School Diploma or equivalent
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work as a team player, respect and collaborate with other
Positive relationship-building skills and dedication to working with you
Ability to foster a positive, creative, and engaging learning environment for youth
Ability to meet or exceed expectation and take initiative
Professionalism and punctuality
Conflict resolution skills
Previous AmeriCorps or Boys & Girls Club experience is a plus
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check