As a Blue Engine Teaching Apprentice (BETA) you will implement Blue Engine’s team teaching model by collaborating with a team (including one - two other BETAs and one certified teacher) to reimagine the classroom in service of maximizing student academic gains and improving students’ classroom experience. BETAs achieve this by:
- Providing small group instruction
- Setting and maintaining high expectations for students
- Executing student goal-setting conferences
- Collecting and analyzing student data
- Building relationships with students in service of their academic growth
- Building relationships with teachers and peers to build expertise as novice educators
Becoming a BETA is a great way to explore the teaching profession and develop professional skills in a supportive and forward-thinking environment and/or grow as a leader and professional before pursuing other paths. After completing one year of service as a BETA there is an opportunity to apply and serve a second year as a Team Coordinator (TC).
Long-term Interest in becoming a teacher, prior education experience, and prior AmeriCorps experience are not required to become a BETA.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
BETAs receive an unlimited monthly metro card for transportation within the NYC subway and bus system or a travel reimbursement matching the current cost of a metro card.
Credential or Certification
Subject to criminal background check