With great training and opportunities to shadow technicians, we’ll prepare you to connect with homeowners and renters to help them make decisions about energy assistance programs and energy-saving materials. While serving, Home Energy members have the opportunity to earn a national credential at no cost. The certification prepares them for entry-level jobs as a Home Energy Auditor (earning $20+ per hour).
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Members have the option to complete the BPI building Analyst Certification at no cost. With the certification, entry-level Home Energy Auitors Earn $20+ per hour.
Credential or Certification
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Our members come from all walks of life. The most important qualification is a passion to take action for your community – and meet the following minimum qualifications. By the time they begin their service, our members are:
- Dependable and have a history of good attendance
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Set a pace and maintain a service schedule of 40 hours per week
- Competent with basic computer skills (like email and navigating online)
- Fluent in English for speaking, reading, and writing
- 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma or equivalent
- A citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Able to successfully complete a background check
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check