Spend your gap year with Amate House in Chicago! Develop your leadership skills, gain professional skills, and start your career in social justice with our fellowship program! Fellows live in intentional community with other fellows, receive housing, health insurance, a small stipend, mentorship, and learn about the 5 Tenets of AH: social justice, community, service, faith, and stewardship.
Athletics and Graduate Support Coordinator:
The Athletics and Graduate Support Coordinator is directly responsible to the Assistant Principal of San
Miguel School but is hired in collaboration with the Principal. The Athletics and Graduate Support
Coordinator provides extracurricular resources and programming for the students (6th-8th) and graduates
(9th-12th) of San Miguel. The Athletics and Graduate Support Coordinator functions within the guidelines
provided by San Miguel School to which he/she is assigned and functions in alignment with San Miguel
The San Miguel School Athletics and Graduate Support Coordinator position is full-time and the schedule will
be developed in coordination with the Assistant Principal. The Athletics and Graduate Support Coordinator is
required to be onsite or at coaching responsibilities Monday-Thursday 10 am-5:30 pm and Friday 7:30
am-2:30 pm. The San Miguel School Athletics and Graduate Support Coordinator will work outside of their
typical hours during student sporting events. San Miguel School offers its graduates a 4 night field trip
experience at the end of the school year that the Athletics and Graduate Support Coordination is expected to
chaperone with other school staff.
● Collaborate with teaching staff to oversee the 8th Grade Bridge program guiding 8th
grade students and families through the application to and transition into high school.
● Engage graduates with outreach via phone, email, and classdojo.
● Maintain a database of graduates including contact information, school enrollment and progress,
and participation in San Miguel Programming and leveling system.
● Partner with school staff to plan and staff intramural sports leagues, open gym hours,
tutoring, special events and opportunities for graduates to complete their service hours.
● Assist in the coaching of San Miguel School sports teams.
● Lead 3 middle school physical education Classes per week using the Spark Physical Education
curriculum and assess student progress using FitnessGram. (Training will be Provided)
● Create and maintain a database of sports equipment, jerseys, and physical education materials.
Manage resources and equipment rooms ensuring materials are properly inflated, stored and
● Lead organized recess games and activities for the 6th grade and assist with supervision of 7th and
8th grade recess. (Training Provided)
● Communicate with the assistant principal and principal when resources are broken, worn out, or
otherwise need replacement.
● Hold students accountable to the school standards and expectations while treating students with
grace and humility. (Training will be Provided)
● Communicate student and family concerns and information to the assistant principal, principal, and
school social worker.
● Other duties as assigned by the principal or assistant principal will be mutually agreed upon.
● Bachelor's Degree
● Spanish Speaking Preferred but not required
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Transportation to and from service site.
Each fellow is provided with opportunity to be matched with a professional mentor, a spiritual companion, and counseling resources. There are three service days and trainings for all fellows each service year as well as mentoring if wanted.
Prohibits paid work outside of the sponsoring agency at any time
Subject to criminal background check
21 - 29