4-H CAPITAL AmeriCorps Members plan and lead hands-on science activities for elementary and middle school students throughout Austin, TX. Members teach out-of-school time classes, in-school enrichment activities, and assist school staff with groups of students at local schools. Members also participate in community outreach activities, attend trainings, and may provide disaster relief work. Members receive training and support in a variety of areas to meet the essential functions of their position.
Benefits and Professional Development
• Earn a monthly living stipend of $1,400
• $6,095 Segal Americorps Education Award upon successful completion of term of service
• Student loans may qualify for forbearance during your term of service
• Health insurance and professional development opportunities provided
• Participation in Life After AmeriCorps Training and professional development opportunities
• Community building and awareness through ongoing service projects.
High School Graduate
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99