Our Animal Science AmeriCorps Members work together with our Animal Science Curriculum Specialist to assure the smooth roll out of the Animal Science program from M-F. AmeriCorps Members are also responsible to assure livestock and other animals are fed, maintained, and healthy throughout their term of service. Our Fall Goat Program is the busiest and most rewarding (working weekends but in tandem with the AS Specialist, Project Manager, and Program Director) and our members are expected to maintain goat pens and have a flexible schedule for our livestock animals/shows. However in the Spring our Animal Science program calms down as we enter our Egg-to-Chick Program. AmeriCorps members are expected to help assure the maintenance of chicken coops when our Egg-to-Chick program is in full swing.
Benefits and Professional Development
• Earn a monthly living stipend of $1,550
• $6,195 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of term of service
• Student loans may qualify for forbearance during your term of service
• Health insurance and professional development opportunities provided
• Participation in Life After AmeriCorps Training and professional development opportunities
• Community building and awareness through ongoing service projects.
High School Graduate
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99